May 15, 2020
To Our Pet Parents,
Whippany Vet is happy to announce the reinstatement of wellness appointments and elective procedures. This includes services such as patient boarding, routine wellness exams, spays, neuters, nail trims, routine bloodwork, and any other type of preventative medicine, in addition to offering illness or emergent care. We are confident in our ability to maintain the high standards of care we have always delivered to you and your four-legged family.
The practice of prevention is essential in order to recognize undetected conditions that may put your pet(s) at risk. With the right precautions in place, we are able to safely provide your beloved pets with the care they deserve.
- Curbside Appointments: At this time, only staff members are permitted in the building. Exams and treatments will be performed while owners remain in their cars. Give us a call when you arrive to let us know what parking spot you’re in so we can send a technician out right away to escort your pet inside. All communication of patient history and medical findings between pet parents and our staff will be conducted over the phone in order to stay compliant with the recommendations of limited contact and social distancing.
- Screening: We are screening our team members daily.
- Clean Office: As always, we are committed to a clean workplace, but are taking additional measures at this time. Our team members are masked, with strict procedures in place to disinfect and sanitize shared spaces, ensuring a safe environment for your pet. In accordance with the CDC and NJ’s recommendations, we do ask that clients wear masks during their limited interactions with our staff during curbside visits.
- Limited Paper/Easy Checkout: Pay by phone with a credit card. We are able to provide you with invoices, appointment summaries, and estimates that can be signed quickly from your email that is accessible via your phone, computer, or tablet.
If you have postponed an appointment or need more information, please call our office to schedule, or request your appointment on our website!
Does your pet need refills? Visit our online store for easy home delivery options!
We appreciate your continued cooperation and support.
The Doctors and Staff at Whippany Veterinary Hospital
March 23, 2020
To Our Valued Pet Parents,
We want to thank you for your continued patience and cooperation during these difficult times surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We want to assure you that the health and safety of our clients, patients, and employees will always remain our top priority. Whippany Vet will continue to closely monitor the recommendations made by the Centers of Disease Control (CDC) and NJ state authorities in order to do our part in limiting the spread of the virus and protecting our community.
Whippany Veterinary Hospital is recognized as an essential business due to the necessary services that we provide to our beloved pets. Our protocols have been adjusted in order to protect our clients and staff members. Currently, only staff members are allowed inside of our building for the foreseeable future. We are conducting “curbside” appointments so that clients may remain in their cars while their pets are taken inside for exams and treatments. All communication between staff, doctors, and clients is conducted by phone during curbside appointments. Please understand that in order to ensure everyone’s safety, there will not be any exceptions made to this protocol.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Monday 8am – 6pm, Tuesday – Thursday 7:30am – 6pm, Friday 8am – 6pm, and Saturday 7:30am – 2pm
Whippany Vet will be available to our clients for the following services:
- Scheduling appointments for patients with chronic illnesses who need ongoing treatment
- Scheduling appointments for sick patients exhibiting new symptom
- Emergency appointments for patients whose health and well-being are at risk
- Lyme, Leptospirosis, and Rabies vaccinations
- Time sensitive vaccine boosters
Whippany Vet has suspended the following services until further notice:
- Patient boarding
- Overnight hospitalization. If your pet needs overnight care, we will advise you on where to go.
- Wellness/routine exams
- Routine/elective surgeries (spays, neuters, routine dental cleanings, etc.) in order to preserve all personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Weekly Hill’s prescription diet food order. We encourage clients to use our online store, Vetsource. The “Shopping” tab on our website will direct you to our online pharmacy.
While we do encourage our pet parents to maintain at least a 30 day supply of food and medications on hand, there must be a valid Veterinarian-Client-Patient Relationship (VCPR). This means that in order to treat and/or prescribe for your pet, one of our doctors must have examined your pet within the last year to maintain the VCPR, according to the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA). We will do our absolute best to accommodate our clients and the needs of their pets during this time of uncertainty to ensure the best care possible under the given circumstances.
We encourage our clients to refer to our website, Facebook, Instagram, and hospital voicemail for frequent updates. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns. Thank you again and stay healthy!
— The Doctors and Staff at Whippany Veterinary Hospital