Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently, we are seeking a veterinary technician who is experienced with assisting doctors during appointments and treatments. Surgical knowledge and/or a CVT is a big plus! This position is full time and requires candidates to have a flexible schedule. Some weekends and holidays are mandatory. Pet discounts, health insurance, dental insurance, and paid time off after 90 days! Matching retirement benefits are available after a waiting period. Must be 18 years of age or older. Wage is based upon experience.
The veterinary technician is the veterinarian’s primary medical support. Technicians begin the examination process and continue to assist the doctor throughout the examination, diagnosis and treatment phases. They help the veterinarians to achieve greater efficiency by relieving them of technical work and administrative detail. Technicians have a very significant role in communicating with and educating clients about their pets. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Stocking supplies
- Doing laundry
- Collecting urine and fecal specimens as requested
- Using lab equipment
- Taking x-rays
- Administering food and medications to hospitalized and boarding animals
- Recording and reporting important information about animals’ conditions
- Handling medications and explaining how they are to be prescribed
- Providing compassionate care to patients
- Preparing animals for dismissal
- Admitting patients into our hospital
- Assisting doctors in appointments
- Assisting with treatments of animals
- Restraining animals
- Assisting with surgical procedures
- Lifting up to fifty pounds
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour. Pay will depend on skills and/or qualifications. Working interviews are encouraged to help better determine the skills and pay of a candidate.