Dermatology. More Than Skin Deep.
Skin conditions are among the most common reasons pets visit the veterinarian. At Whippany Veterinary Hospital, we have advanced training in veterinary dermatology to accurately diagnose and effectively treat a wide range of skin and coat issues in dogs, cats, and exotic pets.
Our dermatology services include:
– Diagnostic testing – Skin scrapings, cytology, fungal cultures, allergy testing
– Treatment of infections – Bacterial, fungal, parasitic
– Management of allergies – Anti-itch medication, immunotherapy
– Treatment of skin tumors – Biopsies, removal, referral for radiation/chemotherapy
– Management of hair loss and excessive shedding
– Treatment of skin wounds and emergency injuries
– Recommendations for optimal nutrition and grooming routines
We also provide tailored treatment plans for chronic skin conditions like allergic dermatitis, flea allergy dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, seborrhea, and more. Our goal is to bring your pet prompt relief while getting to the root cause of their discomfort.
If your pet is excessively scratching, has hot spots, hair loss, skin irritation, or other dermatologic signs, we’re here to help. Call Whippany Veterinary Hospital today at 973-386-1380 to schedule a dermatology consultation.